Marriage License Information
When & Where
Marriage licenses can be obtained Monday through Friday, from 8:00am-4:30pm at the County Clerk’s office:
280 N. College Ave, Ste 300
Fayetteville, AR 72701
What to Bring
- Applicants must be present and together when applying for the license,
- Must be 18 years of age or older without parental consent. You may contact our office at 479-444-1711 for underage requirements.
- Must present a valid government issued photo identification; such as a driver’s license, passport or military identification
- The fee for a marriage license is $60.00 cash only; no checks or credit cards.
A Marriage License is valid for sixty (60) days and must be returned to be recorded, whether used or unused, within 60 days of issuance.
Minister and Justice of the Peace Information
Ministers performing marriages in the State of Arkansas must have their credentials recorded with a County Clerk’s Office in the State of Arkansas prior to performing a wedding ceremony.
You can register your minister’s credentials in person or by mail by submitting the following:
- Original Certificate of Ordination or License. If your church does not ordain, we will also accept an original letter on church letterhead stating that the minister has the capacity to perform weddings signed by church elders. We do not accept anything with an expiration date.
- $5.00 filing fee, cash only; no checks or credit cards.
Click here for a list of Elected Officials that perform marriages